National Disability Voter
July 13-17, 2020
Take some time during the National Disability Voter Registration week, or when you get the chance, to go to www.aapd.com/ndvrw to register to vote and learn more about the Rev Up the Vote campaign that helps increase the political power of people with disabilities.
We are working together to create inclusive communities and improve the lives of children and adults with disabilities and their families through educating government officials andcommunity stakeholders on disability policy.
Please contact us to find out how we can help you!
The Center for Persons with Disabilities supports policies that properly fund special education services and provide equitable opportunities to all students with disabilities. We also support policies that provide resources and funds for educators working with students with disabilities.
The CPD supports policies that uphold high quality standards, individual focus, and appropriate funding across all service areas: healthcare, welfare, home and community-based services, and many more.
Competitive integrated employment is the policy standard that the CPD strives to promote across local, state, and federal levels of governance.
The Center for Persons with Disabilities fights to uphold, promote, and expand upon the Civil Rights of every person with a disability, at every intersection of their identities, through policy.
Our TeamSachin Pavithran
Position Papers and Letters
- Delay of the Home and Community-Based Settings Rule
- Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities
- Testimony in Support of House Concurrent Resolution 004: Concurrent Resolution Encouraging Cultural Intelligence and Linguistic Competence
- Sheltered Workshop Legislation Letter
- Investing in Early Intervention for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities and their Families
Yields Big Dividends
- Words about Words
- Election Accessibility
- Guest opinion: USU is making strides to improving accessibility in Utah
- Sheltered workshops for people with disabilities: Reliable opportunity or outdated system?
- Diagnosed: Medical cannabis campaign targets individuals with disabilities
- Medical cannabis: A tale of two patients
- Diagnosed: Work and benefits – considerations for people with disabilities in the workforce
- Families urged to contact state legislators in support of waiver
- USU administrator supports HB 101, autonomous vehicle bill